You already know that in order to stay healthy and physically fit, you need an excellent dose of regular exercise as well as good nutrition. Add to this a sensible lifestyle modification and you should be on your way to a healthier you. Unfortunately, for most people, exercising simply means going to the gym and doing some serious cardiovascular endurance and strength training workouts. You can stay physically fit right in the comfort of your own home. When done correctly, stretching can give you more health benefits than you can ever imagine.
Benefits Of Stretching
- Improves joint mobility and allowing increased flexibility. Extending your limbs and body parts actually increases the space between the joints and the joint capsule. This allows the synovial fluid to flow a lot better and provide lubrication for the various surfaces of the joints. This significantly improves the range of motion of your joints so you will be a supplier as ever. Stretching also increases the length of the muscle fibers making them more loose which may be a problem among the elderly. Whether you care to admit it or not, as people grow older their muscles and joints simply become a lot stiffer. This makes even simple tasks as zipping your fly quite a challenge.
- Improves blood circulation. Stretching relaxes the muscles and helps stimulate a more efficient flow of blood through the network of blood vessels. This helps in the oxygenation of the different cells and tissues of the body while at the same time facilitate the most efficient removal and elimination of metabolic waste products from the body.
- Improves posture. One of the effects of aging is that tissues tend to lose some of their elastic and collagenous properties making them stiff as a stick. When this happens, posture becomes a major problem. A slouched stance or a wobbly gait or even an unstable posture can all lead to musculoskeletal problems. Stretching helps by improving the tensile and elastic properties of tissues, particularly the muscles and ligaments of the lower back, the chest, and the shoulders. Stretching these areas of the body can significantly improve overall posture.
- Provides excellent relaxation and relief from stress. One of the effects of stretching is muscle relaxation. When muscles relax, you will not feel the tension, and this helps you feel a lot better. Additionally, the improvement in blood flow to your brain can help stimulate the release of feel-good neurotransmitters to give you a better sense of well-being.
- May help reduce the incidence of low back pain if not help prevent it. Stretching your lower limbs which include the pelvis, your hips, and your legs can help provide greater stability for the rest of the torso. This can greatly aid in the prevention of low back pain or at least in the reduction of low back pain.
You can stay healthy even if you don’t go to the gym. All you need is ample space in your home or even in your backyard and perform a good 30 minutes of stretching every day and you are on your way to a healthier you. Shop our great Antler Farms supplements by clicking the button below!